7.19.2012

Why

Me at 36 weeks






When I was pregnant with Juniper, I didn't have fantasies about what life with a baby would be like.  I knew that life with a baby would be hard.  I did have fantasies about what life as a family would be like once that baby got older.  I imagined that we'd all go hiking and camping, and to the beach to go surfing together.  
Solimar


When Juniper was three weeks old, we found out that she had a birth defect called lymphedema, and all my fantasies collapsed.  There was/is little information about primary lymphedema    in babies available, and Daniel and I did not (and still don't) know what to expect.  I started this blog as a way to track our life as a family and to maybe help someone else whose baby gets this diagnosis and doesn't know what to do.
Juniper

This blog won't just be about Juniper's diagnosis though, rather I want it to be about our life: what we do, what's the same as before, what's different, the crafts I do, the beer Daniel brews, and everything in between.  I hope that in a year it will be a place where people newly in our situation can come and see that your baby will be fine even with the lymphedema and that your lives can carry on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment