8.27.2012

Festival




We went to the jazz festival up here over the weekend.  I was kind of nervous about how it would go with such long days all weekend, but Juniper was such a champ.  We went right after her morning nap, she hung out for about an hour and a half and then took a good nap in her peapod, hung out some more, took another good nap, hung out some more, and passed out in the car on the way home.  All was well until we tried to put her to bed and she had a minor meltdown which was stopped, oddly, by my wrapping her leg.  I thought, well she's freaking out anyway, might as well wrap her.  As soon as I got the first layer of cotton on, she totally calmed down and I was able to lay her down and finish wrapping, and she pretty much slept through for a solid five- ish hours.  Maybe the wrapping is actually becoming a sleepy cue for her? That would sure be nice. This scenario was not quite repeated on Sunday evening, but close. 



 Juniper wore her jazz festival outfit (dubbed that by Daniel when we got it in the mail back in June), which I neglected to get many pictures of.

The icing on the cake was coming home to (my first ever) pot roast made with the last bit of our grass fed cow, and late dinner on the deck. See? The cooking thing is happening for me again.  I think I missed it, but I'll let you know in a few months.
 Also, the mornings are cool here again and the light is changing into that early fall sort of light.  I love it, but I am a little sad that my happy summer nest is about to get shaken up in a few short days.  Sniffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment